until veering due north to Picstown, SD. Along the way we saw how they utilize cedars as "snow/wind breaks" along the highways >>>>>>Winter is extremely harsh in these upper states ... all the farm & ranch homesites utilize several types & sizes of trees planted in rows upon rows, in a square around their buildings as protection. I'll get some more photos later.
We had the pleasure of encountering lots of wildlife ... in their native habitat..... along our journey. You've seen the praire dogs & deer. I also had the joy of taking photos of:
wild turkey, antelope, free range "shedding" bison


And my FAVORITE & most lucky shots.... mountain goats ! We came around a corner and I saw movement..... a group were coming off the hillside and went down for water. Of course I yelled for BV to "stop the truck
" , out I jumped and followed them to the ledge overlooking the ponds.
BUT - when they started back up... I quickly ran back to the truck .... and took more shots. BV had to drag me back in so we could continue our trip !!!! I have picked a few to show..... yes, there are more !!





And my FAVORITE & most lucky shots.... mountain goats ! We came around a corner and I saw movement..... a group were coming off the hillside and went down for water. Of course I yelled for BV to "stop the truck
" , out I jumped and followed them to the ledge overlooking the ponds.
BUT - when they started back up... I quickly ran back to the truck .... and took more shots. BV had to drag me back in so we could continue our trip !!!! I have picked a few to show..... yes, there are more !!


Alas, our adventure ended after midnight, now on Day 4...... we'd been watching the fuel mileage and while the photo shows 20.9 mpg...... it did turn to 21 mpg as we drove into the Hatchery.... awesome for the diesel !We saw lights on in the hatchery... next morning we found out staff were spawning the paddlefish. Next blog..... yep you guessed it ! Paddlefish release back into the river .... and what fun this was !!!
We have been blessed on our journey ! And are thankful for our health, continued safety and the opportunity to enjoy our fine country......
No comments:
Post a Comment